Lisa Richards CV
- 2022 Aug Single # 2 released with Video “Gravity”
- 2022 July Began WTF tour dates
- 2022 July 1st single “Pebble in A Slingshot” released from Waiting to Fly
- 2022 Jan Completed recording first self produced album “Waiting To Fly”
- 2021 Sept Decided to record and produce 6 more songs to create a full album
- 2021 June 1st single released from self produced work “Houdini” continues to receive airplay.
- 2021 February completed the recording of 5 new songs as part of the HomeFront grant and submitted acquittal
- 2020 Awarded an ArtsACT Homefront Grant to learn to record and produce my own songs under the long distance mentorship of producer Kris Bradley in Los Angeles
- 2020 Began releasing singles from ‘I Got a Story.’ Album #7 released in November 2020
- 2019 was successful in ArtsACT grant application to record a new album in NYC.
- Wrote, and recorded the album “I Got A Story’ in NYC as well as doing solo tour dates in the USA.
- 2018 March Began Patreon page writing, recording and making a video of 1 new song a month
- 1993 - 2021 Independent touring musician/singer/songwriter/ voice teacher/ Songwriting coach (NYC, Austin, Canberra)
- Toured as a - songwriter in Europe, UK, USA, Australia Recording studio sessions as a vocalist
- 2016 Recorded and Released CD “A Light from the Other Side” CD# 6 recorded with producer and musician Greg Walker (Produced CD’s by Paul Kelly, CW Stoneking, composer for film and television)
- Song Water was added to rotation on ABC National Radio - Toured to support Album
- 2013 Released Beating of the Sun CD # 5
- 2012 Returned to live in Canberran after 22 years abroad
- 1996 - 1998 NYC Worked Part time as a PR assistant for Nancy Moon Public Relations (http://www.moonpr.com Former Director of Communications at Madison Square Gardens)
- 1996 - 1998 NYC Worked at acclaimed music venue Tramps, with Booker Steve Weitzman
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Trained and studied privately with teachers and experts in a number of music related fields.
- 1983 -1990 Sydney Joyce Simmons Opera
- 1991 -1993 NYC: Patricia Carey (Mariah Carey’s Mother/teacher)
- 1993 -1996 NYC: Music Theory Gary Dial professor at Manhattan School of Music www.garrydial.com
- 1993 - 1996 NYC: Franni Burke Voice ( whose clients included Madonna, Whitney Houston, Toni Braxton, Justin Timberlake).
- 1996 -1999 NYC: Melissa Cross pioneer of the Zen of Screaming Vocal Technique www.melissacross.com
- 2008- 2010 AUSTIN TX and Los Angeles Songwriting with Pat Pattison professor at Berklee College of Music www.patpattison.com
- 2012 Dr Meribeth Dayme (Performance and Anatomy) www.aosinging.com
- 2017 Accent Breathing Method Dr Ron Morris
- 2020 - current Training online with female producer Kris Bradley @ Produce Like a Boss
- 2021 - Today Continuing personal and teaching vocal training online with Tim Carson
- 2019 - Today songwriting practise writing at least one song every week
- 2020 Continued music business training in FaceBook Ads / Booking Agent skills / online promotion
- 2021 Studied Production and recording online with Kris Bradley
As an accomplished song-writer and performer, Lisa has toured in Australia, Europe and the USA.
Recorded 8 CD’s independently: Primarily funded by grants, pre-selling albums, crowd funding and in-kind support by musicians and music producers
FINALIST IN THE FOLLOWING USA SONGWRITING COMPETITIONS
- Mid Atlantic Song Writing Competition,
- Billboard Song Contest,
- Telluride Bluegrass Troubadour Competition,
- The Rocky Mountain Folks Festival,
- Merlefest Song-writing Competition
- Mountain Stage.
- Official Showcases at SXSW and CMJ Music Festivals.
- Waiting to Fly October 2022
- I Got A Story 2020
- A Light From The Other Side 2016
- Beating of the Sun 2013
- Mad Mad Love 2007
- Fragments of Truth 2003
- Undergroundling 2002
- Not Quite So Low 1998
- Bad Girls Don’t Cry 2009 (Universal)
- Mad Love Sweet Love 2009 (Universal)
- Songs from Amy’s House 2008 (Warner Music)