TELLING OUR STORIES :
A WORKSHOP, PERFORMANCE and Q & A
for YEARS 9 - 12
This program is designed for schools for students in years 9 - 12.
It runs for 3 classroom sessions in total.
With over 30 years touring, songwriting, singing and teaching experience. Lisa studied her craft in Sydney Australia , New York City and Austin Texas and taught in NYC and Austin Texas and Australia. Her songs have appeared in film and television as well as on albums alongside songs by Adele, Nina Simone and Christina Aguilera.
She just completed writing, recording and producing her 8th album "Waiting To Fly"
The workshop element is an intensive classroom workshop session that goes for 2 classroom sessions, designed to immerse music and performance inclined students in the fundamentals of songwriting and offer tools for freedom of vocal expression.
A workbook is provided for each student that will introduce them to the individual elements of songwriting (lyrics, rhythm, melody, phrasing, chord structures) facilitating the exploration of creating songs during the workshop.
It’s designed to give students the tools and knowledge to express themselves through this art form and to foster freedom of expression as well as learning about the art of storytelling.
The Performance and Q & A section goes for one classroom session. Lisa will perform songs and talk about the songwriting process. This is also an opportunity for the students to ask questions about songwriting, recording and song production and being a touring musician.
To find out when Lisa is touring through your area,
Contact her at email@example.com
WORKSHOP TAKE AWAYS FROM THE STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
- What was most valuable about the workshop?
- learning from the experience of another musician
- learning different processes and ways to write and compose
- learning to disengage from the negative inside voices- The critic
- The ability to turn words into melodies
- learning about songwriting
- getting new tools to use in the classroom.
2. What aspects of the workshop were you most excited by?
- The performance and songs
- The Singing
- The music
- Songwriting and writing
- Sharing ideas and getting involved
- the exercises and activities
3. How do you feel about music and songwriting after attending the workshop
- inspired, lighter, hopeful, confident, excited, positive, connected, happier, motivated